The most widely used file format for integrated circuit layouts is the GDSII format (also known as the GDS2 or Stream format). bmp2gds is a utility to convert bitmap images into gdsii format. This enables logos and other artwork to be placed on an integrated circuit.
Here are some key features of "BMP2GDS":
· Convert several bitmap image formats (bmp, jpeg, tiff, gif, png, ico) to gdsii format
· Image brightness may be adjusted or the negative image used for the conversion to gdsii
· User selectable conversion scale, gdsii output layer
· Integrated gdsii viewer to view the converted image before saving
· Creates compact gdsii files by merging adjacent same-color pixels into single gdsii objects