SymMover is a free piece of software that helps you move a folder from one disk to another. Although this sounds pointless it does this while tricking Windows into thinking the file/folder is still in its original location. There are plenty of reasons this is a handy tool, however, you won't know when you need it until you need it. SymMover achieves this by first moving the folder to its destination then creating a symbolic link between the source and destination. This means that software and games will still work after you move them to another disk. Just be advised that you will lose some load speed/performance if you're moving game files. SymMover is designed for moving software and games. You can easily add installed software and games to SymMover's main window, and move them back and forth between disks.
Below is a full list of features for SymMover:
- Add a folder from a searchable list of installed programs, or manually browse the disk
- See the name, icon, location and status, and changes the destination for the added folders
- Select folders to see a real-time display of free disk space on your disks. Gain and loss of disk space is displayed in green or red color
- Move the selected folders with one click. SymMover will move the folder and create a symbolic link
- Move the selected folders back to their original location with one click. SymMover will remove the symbolic link, and move the folder back
- SymMover will not let you do the move if it is insufficient free disk space on one or more of the destination disks.