Word Viewer Download
Microsoft Word Viewer is a free program developed by Microsoft that allows users who do not have the Office suite to open documents created with the Word editor. Word Viewer has a very simple and minimalist interface which is all you really need to open Word documents. Word viewer is only able to open ready Word files that have already been made and cannot be used to create our own documents from scratch or edit existing ones. Though it does allow you to print documents.
- Word Viewer supports the following file formats: Word 97, 2000, 2002 (XP), 2003, and 2007 (Open XML).
- Additionally, the application can open text documents saved in RTF, TXT formats, as well as Web pages in HTM and HTML formats.
- The program allows you to switch between different views.
- There are, known from the full-fledged version of Word, such view layouts as an outline, print layout, web layout or reading layout.
- Program settings allow for more precise view adjustment, as well as give access to options responsible for printing documents.
- To view documents from the latest versions of the Office suites, the Office Compatibility Pack must be installed.
Word Viewer will prove to be useful both for those who do not need extensive office packages on the disk but want to be able to open various documents, as well as for those who use competitive solutions (LibreOffice, OpenOffice, etc.). It happens that some documents may look different when opened in other programs, so having Word Viewer on your computer will certainly be good protection.