DC++ is an open source client for the Direct Connect protocol. Direct Connect allows you to share files over the internet without restrictions or limits.
The client is completely free of advertisements and has a nice, easy to use interface.
Firewall and router support is integrated and it's easy and convenient to use functionality like multi-hub connections, auto connections and resuming of downloads.
Here are some key features of "DC++":
· Open source software, code freely available under the GNU GPL
· Joins multiple hubs at the same time
· List of bookmark-like favorite hubs and users
· Shares large files and many files per your organization scheme
· Tiger Tree Hashes (TTH) used for file integrity
· Search across all (or selected) connected hub by type, size, or name
· Resume of downloads, with optional search for alternate sources
· Logging options and configuration for chat, private messages, downloads, and uploads
· Autoconfiguration of UPnP routers
· MAGNET link support for linking to specific content
· Automatic and manual download priorities
· Saving of user's file lists for browsing and queueing
· Translation into other languags by custom supplied gettext po language files
· Segmented downloading