Nowadays home internet comes with a question of how much Internet can you use monthly .It’s unavoidable and if you happen to wonder how much transfer you have used today, how much is left, or whether you are getting the internet connection you are paying for, then you should monitor your internet usage.
Of course, we can use the built-in data counter (some operators provide a dedicated software for this, but it fact it is not accurate enough) or you may attempt to measure your Internet connection speed by using a specific website. However, the best option is to install a special application that will help you identify whether you’re actually getting the accurate Internet connection.
NetLimiter is an application designed to monitor traffic network on your computer. With this tool, you can set limits regarding sending and receiving packets for each active program separately. In addition, we can track how much traffic network the selected application produces- for example, we can minimize the speed of downloading and uploading data through a media player and instant messaging.
NetLimiter can also be used to collect detailed statistics about network performance and traffic generated by a computer. Besides, we can use it to control monthly transfer – mobile internet owners can benefit from this features since it keeps an eye on monthly limit.
1. In the main window we can choose different information mode, including Main, Compact, Full and Custom. In full view (Full), we get access to all information related to network traffic on your computer. On the left side you will find a list of all running processes that use the network connection. We can check the speed of downloading for a selected application and set limits for each item on the list.
2. On the right hand side, there is a window displaying information about each item on the list: the manufacturer's name, the program’s path, available options and limitations.
3. At the bottom of the window, you can find two graphs responsible for the speed of downloading and uploading data.
4. In the upper part of the window there is a "Window" tab- once you click on it, you will be presented with options covering window layout and color scheme aspects.
A slightly more advanced application that will objectively evaluate your bandwidth situation and give you a much more detailed analysis of just what you are using is NetWorx. The application provides users with useful bandwidth usage data and measures the speed of your Internet. Plus, it can help you detect possible sources of network problems, ensure that you do not exceed the bandwidth limits specified by your ISP, which mobile Internet owners will find extremely helpful.
In addition to the already mentioned functions, NetWorx comes bundled with a few “extra” configuration options. Besides, the application produces usage graphs for each day, which are saved to a file . that makes it easy to view them at any time you want as well as share them with others. share your usage reports with others. Reports can be exported into .XLS, .RTF, .HTM, .TXT, and .CSV formats for further analysis.
1. In the settings you will find six tabs. We can perform various tasks from the main tab, including setting the app to open at a system startup or by clicking on the icon. In the "Chart" tab, we can customize the appearance of the graph and the displayed information,. The "Chart’s colors" lets you select colors according to your styles and preferences. Another tab offers the possibility to enable notifications and specify their content. With the "Advanced" tab, on the other hand, we can determine the first day of the week and the day of the settlement period for the mobile Internet. The last tab allows us to customize dial-up options.
2. If you select "Show graph", the application will display a chart showing the use of internet, when "Speed Meter" , you will be presented with the speed of your connection. How does it work?
3. In order to test the connection speed, press the green arrow in the new window. When enabled, the program will measure the speed of incoming and outgoing traffic, as well as the weight of received and sent file during the test. To complete the test, press the red square.
4. The most important option is the "Reports" . You'll find there general as well as daily, weekly and monthly statistics. We can then analyze the traffic generated by all users and at specified intervals.
5. The last worth mentioning option is "Quota". It displays general information about internet usage, taking into account the period, the used transfer and daily usage, weekly or monthly limit. By clicking on the "Set" button, we can customize all the settings for data transfer limit, such as the amount of MB, type of limit, it’s value, and so on.