If you have just finished playing Aliens: Fireteam Elite or just don’t like the game and want to uninstall it. But are having issues with it removing from your Game Pass library but not from your drive. This article will guide you through several different options you can use to remove Aliens: Fireteam Elite from Game Pass properly.
Game Pass on PC is great value giving you well over 100 games at your disposal with more being added each and every day. Unfortunately, the entire system that Game Pass runs on is full of bugs and issues. The Xbox app, Microsoft Store and Game services (a background service Game Pass relies on) all have their own issues that quite often come together to create a range of different problems.
Over the last few months, we’ve covered a ton of different Game Pass issues, from initial setup problems to game removal, problems downloading and installing games and a ton of different error codes. If you plan on using Game Pass long term, I suggest bookmarking our Game Pass guide collection.
Adding to the collection of Game Pass guides, this one will be showing you how to remove Aliens: Fireteam Elite from your drive if you’ve uninstalled it from Game Pass but it hasn’t been removed from your storage, leaving you with quite a few GB of wasted space. More often than not when you uninstall games from Game Pass they remove from the library, but don’t actually remove from your computer.
How to uninstall Aliens: Fireteam Elite from Game Pass PC if it won’t remove from a drive fully?
If you can’t uninstall Aliens: Fireteam Elite from Game Pass properly, there are several different things you can try, starting with clearing the Windows Delivery Optimization Files.
- The first option is to go to Settings > System > Storage > Temporary Files > Delivery Optimization Files.
- Once you are in this location make sure Delivery Optimization Files is ticked then click Remove files to clear everything.
Manage Aliens: Fireteam Elite from the Microsoft Store instead. Install, Uninstall & Update.
Another option you can try using is the Microsoft Store. Some games that are listed on the Microsoft Store can be updated, installed and uninstalled directly from the Store rather than the Xbox app, which, in a lot of cases prevents or solves issues. Just make sure that you are signed into the Microsoft Store app with the account that holds your Game Pass subscription.
- First, open the Microsoft Store, then click the Library icon in the bottom left-hand corner.
- Next, change to the Games tab and you will see all the games installed on your computer from the Microsoft Store and Xbox app.
- Next to Aliens: Fireteam Elite, you should see an Update icon. If you don’t, there might not be a game update. So double-check there is actually a new version out. Click Update and the update will start. Most Game Pass PC game updates are quite big so expect it to take some time to complete.
- If you want to install or uninstall something just find the corresponding entry.
Note: This will work for most Game Pass games except for games that are linked to the EA Games app. You can also use this method to install or uninstall Game Pass games.
Format the drive to uninstall Aliens: Fireteam Elite from Game Pass correctly.
Not everyone is going to be able to do this though it does work with a 100% success rate. If you have Aliens: Fireteam Elite installed on a different drive or partition you can simply format the drive to get the space back. Simply right-click the drive/partition and select Format. Then wait for the process to complete.
If you don’t have another drive to allocate fully to games you can always create a partition on your current drive. Just set aside some storage space (Try to go no less than 150GB. This will give you space for really big games). A separate partition will allow you to format it regularly without having to worry about the other stuff on your computer. This game removal issue isn’t just an Aliens: Fireteam Elite issue, it can happen with any game on Game Pass.