If you are playing Genshin Impact on PC and would like to start streaming to Twitch or another streaming service using OBS or StreamLabs. This article will guide you through some important troubleshooting steps. The steps in this guide are very important for Genshin Impact players who play the game from the Epic Games Store and wish to Stream it.
Genshin Impact is one of the best free games currently on the market, though it does cop a lot of flack for its in-game microtransactions. Personally, this doesn’t bother me as I always ignore any paid extras in games anyway. One of Genshin Impacts biggest issues is the fact that it doesn’t stream very easily, a lot of the time users will try to stream Genshin Impact using OBS or StreamLabs and only get a black screen.
Thankfully there is a quick and easy fix for this problem, however, it depends where you are playing the game from. Now that Genshin Impact is available on the Epic Games Store as well as other locations, some users aren’t able to take advantage of some Genshin Impacts important configurable options which are required for streaming. Below are the steps you need to follow in order to stream Genshin Impact properly.
Can’t Stream Genshin Impact From the Epic Games Store Fix?
As we mentioned above, playing Genshin Impact from the Epic Games Store is fine and the preferred option for most users. However, if you plan on streaming Genshin Impact, you can’t do so from the Epic Games store version (for a lot of people not everyone) as some important options are missing. Sadly there is no possible fix for this, so you’ll need to do the following in order to stream Genshin Impact without a black screen.
- First, download and install Genshin Impact from the official website.
How do you fix Genshin Impact not showing in Game Capture Mode on OBS?
To begin, there are two changes you need to make in order to get Genshin Impact to appear in OSB.
- The first is within OBS and requires you to start OBS with full administrator privileges.
- The second requires you to configure Genshin Impact to run in Windows 8 compatibility mode (weird I know).
Note: You could try making these changes to the Epic Games client shortcut on your computer, however, it may negatively affect your other game installations, so keep that in mind.
Make OBS or StreamLabs always run with Administrator privileges.
- In order to force OBS to run in admin mode whenever it starts, find the shortcut you always use, then right-click on it and select Properties.
- In the new window change to the Compatibility tab, then place a tick in the Run this program as an administrator check box. Finally, click Apply to save the change.
Note: You will need to do this for all the shortcuts you use to open OBS. If you use more than one of course.
How do you make Genshin Impact run in Compatibility Mode?
- In order to force Genshin Impact to run in compatibility mode whenever it starts, find the shortcut you always use, then right-click on it and select Properties.
- In the new window change to the Compatibility tab, place a tick in the Run this program in compatibility mode for box and choose Windows 8.
As we mentioned above, you could try making these changes to the Epic Games Shortcut you use to launch games, however, it may cause issues for all the other games in your library so keep that in mind.
Do you need to configure anything else in OBS?
After you have made these changes you should be able to fire up OBS or StreamLabs and stream Genshin Impact as you would any other game.