Until recently I had no problems with my desktop, but now it stopped recognizing any USB devices such as a printer, scanner, USB mic, etc. What can I do? I have Windows 7.
- Computer freezes right after the boot
- Graphics card fried?
- Problems with sound - a broken audio card?
- Computer rebooting when uninstalling a program
- WiFi problems - there's a connection but no Internet access
- What should I do if my laptop stopped recognizing my DVD drive?
- How to remove file associations?
- Why I cannot create a New Folder?
- Why Java won't work (or uninstall at least)?
- What should I do if I hit system recovery accidentally?
If there are no physical damages to the USB drives you can try removing their drivers (USB drivers) and rebooting the computer. Windows will recognize that there are no drivers and it will reinstall them. You could also try running checkdisk to check for bad sectors - they may be the cause. And have a malware scan to be on the safe side.
- Publication date