Are you having trouble getting Genshin Impact to appear in OBS Game Capture Mode? This tutorial will show you how to configure Genshin Impact and OBS to work together correctly, allowing you to stream the game without using the resource-intensive Display Capture option.
Genshin Impact is one of the most popular free-to-play games in the gaming industry right now. It offers a visually stunning and immersive experience in a magical world filled with unique characters, creatures, and quests. For fans of FPS games like Halo, Doom, and Apex Legends, Genshin Impact offers a refreshing change of pace in your game playlist. Fans of Breath of the Wild will particularly enjoy the game. In addition to being a great single-player game, Genshin Impact's co-op system is one of its main draws, allowing players from around the world to connect and help each other out.
Genshin Impact is also highly optimized and runs smoothly on most hardware from the past five years. The only notable issue is that streaming the game using OBS can be difficult. While Display Capture Mode in OBS can make streaming easy, it uses more resources than the proper Game Capture Mode. However, there are a few adjustments you can make to OBS and Genshin Impact to successfully stream the game using Game Capture Mode.
How do you fix Genshin Impact not showing in Game Capture Mode on OBS?
To begin, there are two changes you need to make in order to get Genshin Impact to appear in OSB Game Capture Mode.
- The first is within OBS and requires you to start OBS with full administrator privileges.
- The second requires you to configure Genshin Impact to run in Windows 8 compatibility mode (weird I know).
How to make OBS Studio always run with Administrator privileges to get Genshin Impact to appear in OSB Game Capture Mode.
- In order to force OBS to run in admin mode whenever it starts, find the shortcut you always use, then right-click on it and select Properties.
- In the new window change to the Compatability tab, then place a tick in the Run this program as an administrator check box. Finally, click Apply to save the change.
Note: You will need to do this for all the shortcuts you use to open OBS. If you use more than one of course.
How do you make Genshin Impact run in compatibility mode?
- In order to force Genshin Impact to run in compatibility mode whenever it starts, find the shortcut you always use, then right-click on it and select Properties.
- In the new window change to the Compatability tab, place a tick in the Run this program in compatibility mode for box and choose Windows 8.
Do you need to configure anything else in OBS to get things working?
Nope! Now that you have made these two changes, you can configure your streams as you normally would, using the Game Capture option. If you have any other solutions that may help, feel free to drop a few words in the comments below.
Fix the Epic Games version of Genshin Impact not showing in Game Capture Mode on OBS.
Unfortunately, the Epic Games version of Genshin Impact cannot to customised in this way so you will need to switch to the standard version if you want to stream Genshin Impact using OBS.