If you are trying to update Windows 11 manually or are just letting it do its own thing and are getting error 0x8024A005. This article will show you all the different troubleshooting steps you can follow to solve the problem. Don’t stress, this error message isn’t going to cause any major issues on your system but it will stop you from moving to newer versions until it has been resolved.
Over the years the process of updating Windows operating systems has become easier and easy. We’ve reached a point now where the entire process is essentially automated, with the exception of choosing when to update and restart or update and shut down your computer. While this works 99% of the time, there are some instances where Windows 11 may encounter issues and alert you with an error message.
The good news is that Windows 11 update error 0x8024A005 isn’t a complicated one to fix and can be solved using a range of common and easy troubleshooting steps, the only downside is that you will probably have to try multiple troubleshooting steps before you find the one or the combination that solves the problem.
How do you fix Windows 11 update error 0x8024A005? Windows 11 update error 0x8024A005.
The go-to method to solve just about any update error is the Windows Update Troubleshooter tool. This tool works way better than the one found on Windows 10 so don’t ignore it this time around.
- Open the Settings app by pressing Windows Key + I.
- Next, stay on the System tab and click Troubleshooting from the central pane.
- Here you will see a long list of troubleshooting options, however, the one you are looking for is near the top called Windows Update.
- Simply click Run next to this entry and follow the steps shown by the tool.
- After the tool completes its checks and fixes, you should be able to update your device.
Clear Delivery Optimization Files on Windows 11 to fix update error 0x8024A005.
Another dependable fix for Windows Update errors is clearing the Delivery Optimisation FIles. It’s also a quick and easy fix.
- To do this go to Settings > System > Storage > Temporary Files > Delivery Optimization Files. Once you are in this location make sure Delivery Optimization Files is ticked then click Remove files to clear out any leftover files.
Uninstall the last Windows 11 update that was installed to fix update error 0x8024A005.
This option may not be available for everyone but If you still have the option to uninstall the latest Windows 11 update that was installed on your computer do that. If you aren’t sure how to check out the article linked below. Sadly you may not be able to use this step but you should check just in case as it is a good option.
Try to manually update Windows 11 using the Microsoft Update Catalogue to fix update error 0x8024A005.
If nothing so far has worked the best option is to manually update Windows 11 using the Microsoft Update Catalogue. Here you can find all the updates available for Windows 11. Simply visit the Microsoft Update Catalogue website and download the update you are currently having problems with. Don’t worry if you pick the wrong one, Windows won’t let you install it anyway. It will detect a conflict and cancel the installation. You can’t mess things up.