OpenOffice is an office suite that is freely available to anyone and which has modules of Word Processor, Spreadsheet Program, Presentation Manager and a Drawing Program and a HTML editor. It can be compared to other popular and not so free office suites and can be seen as a very good alternative for an office solution.
- OpenOffice.org is synonymous with quality
- the roots of OpenOffice.org go back twenty years, creating a mature and powerful product
- hundreds of thousands of users participated in the beta testing of version 2
- independent reviewers around the world have recommended the product
- with a fully open development process, OpenOffice.org has nothing to hide - the product stands or falls on its reputation
- OpenOffice.org is easy to use
- the software looks and feels familiar and is instantly usable by anyone who has used a competitive product
- it’s easy to change to OpenOffice.org - the software reads all major competitors’ files
- few language barriers - if it’s not yet available in your language, the chances are it will be soon
- OpenOffice.org is supported by a global community of friendly volunteers, only too happy to provide assistance to newcomers and advanced users alike
- OpenOffice.org is free software
- you may download OpenOffice.org completely free of any licence fees
- install it on as many PCs as you like
- use it for any purpose - private, educational, government and public administration, commercial...
- pass on copies free of charge to family, friends, students, employees, etc.