Enshrouded has launched quietly flying under the radar of Palworld's massive success, however, that hasn't stopped it from getting 1 million concurrent players on Steam already. As with all game launches though, there are some bugs and glitches that need to be fixed so follow along as we show you several working troubleshooting steps you can take to fix Black issues and Crashing in Enshrouded on PC.
- What is causing Enshrouded to keep crashing or just showing a back screen?
- Fixing the issues that might be causing Enshrouded to crash or show a black screen when launching from Steam.
How to Fix Crashing and Black Screen Problems in Enshrouded.
As with most things in PC gaming, you are going to have to work your way through quite a lot of different steps until you find the exact cause of the problem. However you also need to be aware that game updates may ultimately be the only way to solve this problem so keep that in mind and update the game when possible.
Disable Scaling in the NVIDIA Control Panel.
If you have an NVIDIA GPU you can try disabling Scaling.
- Open NVIDIA Control Panel then go to Adjust Desktop Size and Position in the left-hand panel.
- Next, select No Scaling then make sure the Override the scaling mode set by games and programs is ticked.
- Click Apply, restart your computer and check to see if Enshrouded launches without a Black Screen problem.
Run Enshrouded as an Administrator to Fix Blackscreen Problems.
Yes, you can do this with Steam games and it does sometimes solve this problem. To run a game as an Administrator on Steam, go to Steam and do the following.
Go to: library > right click game > properties > installed files > browse.
Right-click .exe > run as admin.
For the Game Pass version just search the Game from the Start menu right-click on it and select Run as Administrator.
Disable or Readjust your Overclock Settings
- Turn off any GPU, CPU, or RAM overclocking.
- Launch Enshrouded and see if you are still getting a black screen.
- If disabling overclocking resolves the problem, reconsider your overclock settings. Starting with GPU, then CPU, and finally RAM.
- When you get stable settings you should be able to play without any future problems, though future game updates may change things so keep an eye on it.
Use DDU to Clean install GPU Drivers.
Don't just uninstall your Graphics Drivers from Device Manager. Remove them fully using a specially designed tool.
- Download Display Driver Uninstaller
- Download the latest GPU driver you want to use.
- Now Disable your Internet connection.
- Run DDU and select the option to remove GeForce Experience (GFE) if prompted. You will get a similar message if you are using AMD Graphics.
- After the process completes accept the restart request and let your computer restart.
- Now install the driver software and re-establish your internet connection. This prevents Windows from installing generic drivers automatically.
- Now that you have new drivers everything should be working!
Use FSR or DLSS in Enshrouded
- Enable DLSS, FSR and even frame generation if your device supports it.
- Start Enshrouded with the lowest graphics settings possible. But keep your screen resolution set how you want it.
- Gradually increase graphics settings until you find a setting you are happy with that works without black screening.
It Might be Time to Abandon those Mods for a While.
Mods are awesome! But mods are problematic! So here's what you need to do.
- If you're using mods, disable them. If the game works you’ve found your problem. Stop using those mods for a while.
- Try launching Enshrouded without any mods enabled.
- If Enshrouded launches successfully without mods, enable your mods one by one. Launch the game after enabling each mod to identify the one causing conflicts.
- Ensure your mods are up to date and compatible with the game's current version.
Verify Enshrouded Game Files on Steam
This is the first basic troubleshooting steps you should take with all Steam game issues.
- Launch Steam
- Change to the Library tab.
- Find Enshrouded, right-click on it and select Properties.
- Go to the Local Files tab and click "Verify integrity of game files".
- Wait for the process to finish. It takes a while sometimes.