If you have been seeing amazing artwork that people have created using AI, there’s a really high chance that they are using an amazing AI artist called Midjourney. This incredible piece of AI creates art in seconds using user-specified keywords and phrases. The results are some of the most amazing things you’ll ever see. Unfortunately, it isn’t as simple as the average person would like, so follow along as we guide you through the process of using Midjourney AI.
Midjourney Ai is one of the most impressive things we have seen in a very, very long time. It kinda came out of know where and landed on Discord and became an instant hit. If you aren’t quite familiar with Midjourney yet, it is a brilliant piece of AI software that allows users to create art based on a specific description or a specific set of keywords. For example, you can tell it to create an image using either of the following methods.
“Harry Potter, Pokemon, Magic, Books, Reading, Castle”
“Pikachu in a Ravenclaw uniform casting spells with a wand”
While that sounds super simple, you cant simply visit a website and start creating awesome images at will. You will instead need to sign into your Discord account and join the Midjourney server where you will then need to ask the AI to create something. Don’t worry if that sounds a little complicated we’ll break it down for you so that you know exactly how to use Midjourney to create images.
How do you use Midjourney? Create art using Midjourney AI.
The first thing you need to do is create a Discord account (if you don’t already have one). You can do this here.
- Now that you have a Discord account visit https://www.midjourney.com/home/ and click the Join the Beta option.
- This will take you to a new page where you will have to sign in with your Discord account. You will also have to accept the authorisation prompt as well.
- Once you have done that you will be granted access to the Midjourney server. Here choose a server from the left-hand side. They are usually called #newbies-26 etc. However, this may look a little different depending on when you are reading this. You will know you are in the correct place when you see a ton of random images.
- Now click the chat box at the bottom of the page and type /imagine “Followed by your request”
It will look something like this: /imagine Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon
- Now, wait for the image to be created. When it is completed you will have to scroll down the page and find the image.
- When you find the image you will see a few different clickable options underneath it.
U1, U2, U3, U4, V1, V2, V3, V4.
The U means upscale and the number means which image. So U1 means upscale image 1.
V means refine image and the number means which image. So V1 means refine image 1.
- Refining chooses that particular image and then redoes the art based on what it has generated so far. You can keep refining images over and over until you get something you like.
That’s all there is to it. However, you are limited to about 15 free images. Once you use up your amount you will either need to subscribe or create a new account and use it again. Subscriptions start from $10 USD and go up to 30 USD. There are a lot of things to consider when signing up so make sure you check out the full details here. If you would like more information on commands, upscaling, versions and all the intricate stuff check out the guide here. A full user guide can be found here.