If you are using Instagram and Facebook but don't want anything to do with Threads. This article will show you how to stop posts from Threads content from appearing in your Instagram and Facebook feeds. While this never used to be an option there is now a quick and easy way to stop Threads suggesting posts on other apps. So follow along as we guide you through the process.
Seeing as both Facebook and Instagram belong to the parent company Meta. Mark Zuckerberg the CEO has made sure that content from Threads users also finds its way across to other platforms to hopefully entice new users to start using it. While this might be a clever idea and way for Threads to gain users, most people who are already using Facebook or Instagram don't really want anything to do with Threads. There are two reasons for this. The first is that Threads is not available in the EU and that Threads was basically dead on launch. It was the best and worst app launch in 2023, shooting to the top with hundreds of millions of users overnight, only to fall back to what might as well be zero within the first month. Anyway, getting back on track this article is going to show you how to stop posts appearing in other Meta apps. This will finally make sure that you don't see threads posts on Facebook and Instagram. All you have to do is activate or deactivate it from Threads' own settings, either from the official app for Android or iPhone.
How do you prevent Threads Posts from being suggested on Instagram and Facebook?
- Open the Threads app on your iPhone or Android.
- From the main screen of the app, you must click on the two striped icon from the upper right corner of the interface.
- In the menu you will have to select the option: Privacy
- This will take you to a new screen where you will have to locate and select: Suggest posts in other apps
- On this screen, you will see: Allow your posts to be suggested in
- Under it you can disable individually if you want to enable or disable the function in the Instagram and Facebook app
- Having disabled the platform where you don't want your Threads posts to be suggested, you will avoid Threads posts being suggested in other Meta applications.
At this point, it should also be noted that Mark Zuckerberg's new social network is still not available in Europe for privacy-related reasons. The date on which it will finally be available is not yet known but there's a good chance it won't be for quite some time yet. So if you are a user from Europe you will not be able to install the Threads app using the Google Play Store or the App Store on iOS. Even if you manage to install Threads using an APK file the social network will not allow you to publish content. You'll be able to view content in Threads from Europe but you won't be able to post it. Even if you start using a VPN you won't get full access to content on threads from Europe.