If you like to drop comments on YouTube videos all the time and have quite a long history of doing so. There are probably some comments you’re proud of and some that you aren’t so follow along as we show you how to view, edit, and or delete Your YouTube comment history from a single easy to access and use location.
Related: How to fix Internet browser lag on Windows 10 & 11 after updating.
Interacting with and commenting is one of the most important features of YouTube and other social media platforms. It allows creators to build a community and start a following and gives users the chance to ask questions, share opinions, and chat amongst each other. Seeing as we’ve all gone down the YouTube rabbit hole at some stage, it’s important to know how and where to find your YouTube comment history.
Although next to no one knows it even exists, YouTube keeps a comprehensive list of all the comments and interactions you make on its platform. Everything is in chronological order and displayed in a simple and very easy to utilise manner, which makes finding comments tracking down comments super easy, though if you are needing to go back a long way it is going to take a long time to find the content you are looking for.
How do you View, Edit or Delete your YouTube comment history?
Rather than having to go back through your notifications or history trying to remember what you have commented on, YouTube now has an option that allows you to view all your comments in chronological order, making viewing, editing and deleting comments a hell of a lot easier.
- In order to use this feature, you’ll need to head on over to the YouTube Comment History page https://www.youtube.com/feed/history/comment_history and make sure that you are signed in to your Google account.
- Now that you are on this page you will be able to see all the comments you have made on YouTube content. Everything is listed in chronological order and shows the video, you commented on as well as the comments.
- To delete a comment you can just click the cross in the top right-hand corner and confirm the deletion.
- To edit a comment, click the link to the YouTube video, and you’ll be taken straight to the video. Your comment will be brought to the top of the page so you can easily view and edit it should you wish to.
- To edit a comment simply hover over the comment, then click the three dots to the right of the entry. You can also delete a comment using this process.
Keep in mind that deleting comments fully may take up to 24hr to occur. Even though they may appear to be removed from your end, it can take a while for them to be deleted elsewhere. While you are here you’ll probably want to spend a little time viewing your Google Maps history as well, which can also be viewed from a similar location. You can check out our full guide below.
How to view places you’ve visited in Google Maps. (Restaurants, bars, etc)
Can you stop Google Saving your YouTube History?
If you’d rather not have a YouTube history or just want one that deletes itself after a set period of time, make sure you check out the article below, it will show you how to configure YouTube history deletion among other things.
How to Set YouTube History to Automatically Delete After a Certain Amount of Time.