If you are trying to install game updates and DLC in Yuzu Android but keep getting “Only NSP and XCI content is supported. Please verify the game content(s) are valid” error. This article will show you exactly what you need to do in order to solve this problem and get DLC and updates for games to install without error messages on Yuzu Android.
Yuzu Android is the latest instalment of Yuzu Emulator and allows users to play their favourite switch games on their Android devices. The concept is amazing but it is limited to high-end devices with at least 8GB of ram. While you can still run some games on devices with 6GB they generally run poorly, crash a lot and have terrible frame rates. Although Yuzu Android is still in the very early stages of development it’s still proving to be very popular.
Apart from the performance and stability issues in Yuzu Android, some people are also having issues installing DLC and Game updates. When trying to install a game update or DLC they get the following error message “Only NSP and XCI content is supported. Please verify the game content(s) are valid.” The good news is that there is a simple solution for this problem so continue reading below to finally get some answers.
How do you fix Yuzu Android error - Only NSP and XCI content is supported. Please verify the game content(s) are valid.
In order to deal with “Only NSP and XCI content is supported. Please verify the game content(s) are valid.” in Yuzu Android, you will need to do the following.
- First, make sure that you are vetting all of your source content on your PC and the PC-based version of Yuzu first. If the content works in Yuzu on your computer, you can copy everything over to your mobile device where it will also continue to work.
- Make sure you are also installing updates and DLC files on your computer first. If everything works fine in the PC version of Yuzu it will work perfectly fine on Yuzu Android. Simply copy and paste the content across and make sure it completes correctly.
- If something doesn’t copy across properly it will cause problems like Only NSP and XCI content is supported. Please verify the game content(s) are valid.
Note: Make sure you do the same with your Prodkeys as well.
Once you have vetted all of your content and moved it to your Android device make sure that you are using the latest version of Yuzu Android and that your device meets the minimum hardware requirements.
Hardware Requirements for Yuzu on Android
- Currently requires devices with Qualcomm Snapdragon SoCs and Adreno GPUs.
- Devices with SoCs like Exynos, Mediatek, etc. won't work well due to GPU driver limitations.
- High RAM requirements for Yuzu on Android, suggesting better performance on high-end devices (e.g. SD 865 and 8GB RAM or better).
Custom GPU Drivers and Optimizations
- yuzu on Android supports custom GPU drivers such as official Adreno drivers or Turnip via libadrenotools for improved performance on older Snapdragon SoCs.
Ongoing Optimizations and Performance Focus
- The current release is intentionally minimal to prioritize performance and stability improvements.
- Feature parity with PC builds is a goal, but it will take time to achieve; gradual progress is expected.